Built to be Sustainable
- Optimum site orientation for maximised passive solar design
- Post footings contribute to small environmental footprint
- Elevated floors to harness and circulate naturally cool air located beneath buildings
- Optional: Hollow walls (Breathable Wall) permits cool air-flow circulation
- Insulation in walls and roof customised to suit locality and climatic conditions
- Verified eco-specified building materials
- Sustainable plantation (80%) and recycled (20%) timbers
- Plantation timbers for framing and internal linings (floors, walls and ceiling) in lieu of plasterboard
- Sun shade maximised to glazed areas
- Windows and doors positioned for cross ventilation air-flow
- Insulating tinted glass for increased thermal resistance and natural light
- 3-stars or more water efficient plumbing fixtures and fittings
- Ventilated roof cavity to expel hot air which is replaced with cooler air
- Reflective roofing materials and thermal performance paint coating system
- Verandas and decks in recycled ModWood
- Energy efficient lighting
- Energy efficient appliances available
- Solar hot water and heat pump systems available
- Integrated onsite power generation available
- Onsite waste treatment available
- Water tanks for rainwater harvesting to potable standard
- Factory production minimises construction impact onsite
- Efficient use of materials in factory reduces overall waste
- Factory waste transformed into other products (e.g. garden mulch)
Built to Last
- Standard Australian wind speed rating of C2 (W50C) with the option to upgrade to C3 (W60C).
- Building’s timber framing is constructed with termite resistant materials to comply with the Building
Code of Australia.
- All external cladding has fire resistant properties.
Built to Grow
- Accommodate for family extensions or commercial expansions with prefabricated building modules and linking pavilions.